Making Homemade Pepperoni Pizza
- One pack of pizza dough (allow the dough to sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes before you start)
- Two tablespoons of flour
- 1 cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 package of precut pepperoni
- Any other toppings you like
- Rolling pin
- Large cookie sheet
Let’s get started
· Sprinkle a thin layer of flour on your cutting board or work surface to prevent sticking
· Roll your dough to your desired crust thickness (I like thin crispy crust, if you love a crispy crust on your pizza, roll your as thin as possible without breaking it.
- Spread a thin layer of olive oil on the baking sheet before baking the dough and spread a small amount onto the edges of the crust before baking.
- Set your oven to 400 (once the oven temperature reaches 400 it ready)
· Pre-bake the crust for 2-3 minutes before adding your toppings. This will seal the dough and prevent the dough from getting soggy when you add the toppings
- Add a thin layer of pizza sauce on your dough (don’t add too much sauce, too much sauce makes it hard to get the bottom crust crisp.
- Top your pizza with pepperoni, cheese, and any other toppings you like.
Place the pizza in the oven (for best results, set your oven to 400 – 475 degrees) A hot oven is key to getting a crispy crust… allow the pizza to cook for 10-15 min.
Unique Pizza Topping Ideas:
- BBQ Chicken Pizza: BBQ sauce, cooked chicken, sliced red onion, cilantro, and cheese
- Veggie Pizza: Add your favorite veggies and have fun
- Use pesto in place of sauce and top with chicken, fresh tomato, and buffalo mozzarella.