These Mini Lemon Blueberry Cheesecakes feature an easy homemade graham cracker crust, smooth and creamy lemon cheesecake filling, and a simple blueberry swirl.. by our friend Danielle
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
2 teaspoons water
Graham cracker crust:
1 cup (120 grams) graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons (40 grams) granulated sugar
3 and 1/2 tablespoons (50 grams) butter, melted
Lemon cheesecake filling:
16 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
1/4 cup (60 ml) fresh lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs room temperature
- Blueberries: Fresh blueberries is the way to go
- Sugar: Is incorporated in every layer of the mini cheesecake bites
- Lemons: Use whole lemons, you’ll need both lemon juice and zest.
- Cornstarch: Thickens the blueberry topping. Whisk it with a little water first to prevent it from clumping up.
- Graham cracker crumbs: Buy pre-made graham cracker crumbs rather than crushing sheets to save time
- Butter: Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese: Softened to room temperature before making the filling.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Eggs: Room temperature before being added to the filling.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE BITES
Let’s get started. The swirl is a mixture of blueberries, sugar, lemon juice, water, and cornstarch cooked down in a saucepan until the mixture starts to boil.
Tip: Mash the blueberries to help them release their juices and make the mixture cook a little quicker.
Whisk together the water and cornstarch, pour it in, and continue letting the mixture cook for another minute or two until it thickens.
Once the mixture is thickened, strain it through a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids. Then set it aside to cool.
The graham cracker crust, is just a simple mixture of crushed graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter.
Line the muffin pan with cupcake liners
Press the graham cracker crust down in each liner and bake them for two minutes.
Mix the lemon cheesecake filling which is just cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla, and a couple of eggs. Make sure all the ingredients for the filling are at room temperature. This will give you a creamier cheesecake filling.
Bake the mini cheesecakes, let them cool, and refrigerate until they’re firm.
Top these cuties with your favorite whipped cream… and there you have it.